Retail & Merchandising Manager
Reports to: COO
Employment Status: Part Time
The Retail & Merchandising Manager is responsible for providing and executing the retail strategy for all SLT studios. He/she will support the development, design and distribution of products that are on-brand and on-trend for both male and female clients.
- Procure inventory to SLT Retail strategy and budget
- Create sales goals for studios and monitor results
- Manage OTB, margin expectation, and delivery frequency
- Design updated graphics and create seasonal merchandising boards
- Source and partner with vendors to develop and design collections
- Ensure correct samples are received timely
- Create visual merchandising direction in partnership with the Marketing Director
- Develop a competitor report, track trends and present key learnings quarterly
- Work hand in hand with all studio managers for product launch, training and monthly inventory process
- Analyze sales, sell through, and margin; identify best and slow sellers and make recommendations for future buys
- Share key learnings with senior team
- Satisfy customer needs while maintaining a positive and encouraging work environment for employees.
- Manage communication with SLT accountant
- Maintain organized and effective books, boards, and file system
- Manage allocation process, tagging and distribution to all studios
- Seek alternative cost saving measures i.e. tagging at distribution; pre-packs; direct shipping, etc.
- Monitor quality control and complete charge backs to vendors
- Attend retail industry shows when appropriate
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 2 years of experience with a corporate fashion merchandising team preferred
- Passion for the boutique fitness industry
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, database and inventory control software
- Proficiency in retail math: margin, sell through
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills and effective communication and negotiation skills
- Flexible and adaptable, adjusts easily to changing priorities
- Effective multi-tasker in a fast paced work environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication and presentation skills
- Detail oriented
- Collaborative work style
- 8-10 hour shifts depending on project management needs
- Usually 3 days per week; but some exceptions may apply for new product launches, training meetings, studio visits, etc.
- Travel as required for project management needs
- Must be able to move and/or lift heavy items, up to 50 lbs.
- Position based in New York, NY
- Part Time – Sick, Associate Discount, and Drop in Class Participation